snippets and thoughts and stuff what i wrote

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Asylum

the tears come oft unbidden
since we said goodbye
I wish my heart was hidden
I wish I didn't cry
I wish I my mind was restful
but with every other thought
I find myself regretful
that in this web I'm caught

and though you tried to cut me free
the strands still tangled are
the threads twist all around me
aspirations mangled are

I cannot rise above me
I only sink below
I'm sure that once you loved me
I'm certain that I know
against this wall I'm banging
my head in repetition
I cannot stop the ringing
unceasing, this transmission

I know you tried to cut me free
the strands still strangled are
torn and twisted round about me
as hearts all mangled are

I'm longing for asylum
I'm searching for my place
in genus, class or phylum -
taxonomy's disgrace
I fit nowhere without you
I'm awkward and ungainly
my mind is all disordered
I miss you so insanely

so why was it I smashed you up
your limbs still tangled are
overflowing was our cup
we both now mangled are

I knew you would have left us
I know you would have lied
our hearts you would have cleft, thus
it's better that you died
and here in our hotel room
the voices say I'm right
I may have killed my new groom
but it wasn't out of spite

 




No comments: