snippets and thoughts and stuff what i wrote

Sunday, December 20, 2015

left behind

we kissed under a streetlight
on a not quite summer day
in a moment so astounding
not so long ago or far way
from "one for the books" to footnote
any wonder that I've cried
muselicious, beautiful, delicious Red
to "I really, really tried"
and I'm sad and I'm exhausted
and I still don't understand
how enthusiasm waned so fast
how we lost the fun we planned
and I'm happy that you're happy
but wounded is my pride
that you've moved so far beyond me
and I'm certain if I died
you would never even notice
you've made a life anew
and it's like I never mattered
my existence for you through
though it's now been months since ending
I can't take it all in stride
each day think I'm better
but then I just backslide
and I hope she brings you joy
and I hope she brings you peace
and I hope to find the same
or at least, my pain to cease


No comments: