snippets and thoughts and stuff what i wrote

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Prostrate

Above a blackened sky: I
Stream through the abyss
Unplumbed
By men of your ilk
Free from the encumbrances
Of life’s everlasting why
Earthbound:
Misguided in my courses
Misshapen in secret places
I squirm in my skin
Quasimodo underneath
Unassuming above
Mistaken for normal
Whatever that means
Inside: I
Fly away from facile descriptions
No words can cage
The rage that age has brought
To light at
Innocence deconstructed
Words dry and arid
Like the dust of long dead corpses
Effects in late night horror shows
Hosted by Elvira
But like the zombie dead
Words rise unbidden
Gutting all before them
Undead and not undead
Objects of ridicule
Until the lights go out
Pictures flashing on the backs of eyelids
Like movie screens
Words like screams
Rising from the chasm
Eternal darkness of the ravaged mind
How happy I
Could be
Free
From the everlasting why
Forever
Brief interludes aren’t brief at all
But repeat and repeat and repeat
Ad infinitum
Respite too fleeting
And always
Returning to the everlasting why
me

No comments: