snippets and thoughts and stuff what i wrote

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Travelogue

Compendium
Byzantium
Alone again at last
My time well spent
Under the tent
Where I break my fast
Each day the same
Replayed refrain
I eat, I drink, I snooze
The heat decays
Neural pathways
(Though that might be the booze)
I traveled far
By plane, by car
World history to see
But sleep away
Most of the day
Sir Laziness is me
Yet better still
This lack of will
Than bustling like a tourist
I instead avowed
To avoid the crowd
And be a travel purist
No café visit
Whilst in transit
To Mahmutpasa Bazaar
To buy some things
Some food, some rings
A gadget-like guitar
Which home once more
I’d only store
And surely never use
Preferred by me
Is memory
Than buying future refuse
I’m soon to leave
No plans achieved
I’m far too lackadaisical
But better spent
Was time in tent
Than scurrying nonsensical

No comments: