snippets and thoughts and stuff what i wrote

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lady in waiting

I've friends enough and family
And work and hobbies, too.
I've filled my life with happiness
But something's missing, you.
I bide my time just waiting
For the moment you arrive.
I get myself from day to day
And keep my love alive.
I know you're coming someday
And I hope that someday's soon
Because my heart is slowly breaking
With every passing moon.
Please hurry and come find me
Before it gets too late
Because my heart will love forever
But my womb, it will not wait.
I hear the clock inside me tick
Like Poe's beating telltale heart
And I fear the time is waning
When a pregnancy could start
So hurry, love, please hurry
I want to have our family
We're waiting here to meet you:
My heart, my eggs, and me.

No comments: