snippets and thoughts and stuff what i wrote

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Off the map

I had a plan, years in the making,
scribbled out in childish scrawl,
with dreams so big that disappointment
was sure to come to call.
I knew each step that need be taken
and started on my merry way
and yet somewhere lost my direction,
all motion leading further and farther away
from all the things I thought I wanted,
all the things I hoped to do.
Far off the map I made myself
a new path I must hew.
I lack a compass, have no bearings
no Northern Star to guide me home
I question each and every turning
and ceaselessly I roam.
My schemes and schedules all forgotten
I wander aimless but with hope
for unexpected joys lie waiting
now I have broadened my scope.
Off the map lie hidden treasures
Off the map I may find me
My plans not failed but ever changing
and new worlds yet to see.

No comments: